A Premium player installation consists of running an installation package to copy program files over, and then to register the player in Cloud.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Method 1. Standard installer
- Method 2. Player specific installer
- Method 3. Custom installer
- Command line switches
- Further reading
Method 1. Standard installer
- Log in to Portal either on your own PC or directly on the player PC (Logging in on the player PC will let you skip moving the file from your PC to the player).
- Go to the System > Downloads section.
(If you don't have the System tab, you are not an admin of the system, and so can't download generic installers. Please contact your system administrator or email@example.com)
- Click to download the "Premium player installer".
- Run the installer on a PC.
- By default, the PC will reboot after the installation is complete.
After the PC boots up, the application will launch and a 6-digit code, a discovery code, will be presented on the screen.This code is unique to the player. Make a note of it or take a photo because we will need it in the next step, which is in Cloud.
- Log in to Portal and select the Players tab.
- Click Add player to create a new player.
- In the dialog appearing, enter a name, the 6-digit discovery code, and click Save.
If you have already created a content playlist you want to play on the screen you may also specify it here - otherwise you can configure this later
- You will notice that Premium will subsequently receive the settings, register with Cloud and download some content.
In the case when the Premium player does not have internet access (for example in an isolated on-prem installation), replace steps 6-10 with these:
- When the software first starts and the initial screen is displayed, insert a USB keyboard and mouse and click the bottom link saying "Click here to enter server settings manually".
- Enter the details to connect to the server. You need an account with administrator privileges.
- Click Done.
- The player will register in Cloud by the name "DISE", and play a default playlist.
- Log in to Portal, locate the player, then set a new playlist by going into it, click Edit, then select a new playlist.
Method 2. Player specific installer
Players may be installed using installation packages which are generated for you. These packages contain all information needed to connect to Cloud.
First create the player in Portal, and then run the installation package on the player PC:
- Log in to Portal and select Players.
- Click Add to add a new player.
Enter a name to give the player.
- Click Save to create the player.
- Enter the player by clicking it.
The Hardware field in the newly created player may say "Not attached", meaning it is not yet installed on a PC.
- Click the Tools icon:
- Then click "Installer".
- Run the installer on the PC.
The installer will come pre-configured with the settings to connect.
By default, the PC will reboot after the installation is complete.
On startup, Premium will automatically start and begin communicating with Cloud.
- DISE Control Center will start the playback.
Method 3. Custom installer
This method is useful when players are to be installed as part of a larger rollout. The custom installer may do the registration to Cloud automatically.
Command line switches
The installer can be run with the /S switch to run silently.