This document, together with our product feature matrix, gives some criteria you can evaluate to best choose a solution that fits your needs.
Through the DISE CX Portal, offered free of charge, you have central management of all licenses, it is easy to switch / replace players and player licenses.
Player licenses are:
- DISE Lite (Samsung / LG / Android / ChromeOS / BrightSign)
- DISE Premium (Windows)
DISE CX Composer for content creation is free of charge and can be installed on any number of Windows PCs.
DISE public cloud servers
Using our public cloud servers requires that players have internet access.Players use regular HTTP and HTTPS ports (80, 443) for communication with CX Portal.
Through DISE public cloud servers you get:
|Players status monitoring||✓|
|Backups & failover||✓|
|Access to the latest version of the portal||✓|
|Access to the latest version of players (Premium / Lite)||✓|
|Quick and easy player installation using our public discovery servers||✓|
Via on-prem installation
In cases where internet access is impossible, a CX Portal can be installed on-prem.Players use regular HTTP and HTTPS ports (80, 443) for communication with the on-prem server.
We require that the on-prem server is periodically validated to our licensing servers.
More information on limitations, system requirements and installation procedures for an on-prem server can be found here:
Player capabilitiesLite (cloud / on-prem) players offer less features but focus on ease of control and setup.
- Players for LG / Samsung screens can control screens' on/off schedule and retrieve information.
- Player for Android / ChromeOS / BrightSign generally can't control hardware because of system limitations.
- Suitable for image and video slideshows.
- No multiscreen synchronization.
- Players can control screens using Windows internal APIs, and if information such as temperature is needed from the screen, an RS-232 or Ethernet connection (provided communication protocol has been implemented)
- Suitable for image and video slideshows and any content created in Composer.
- Best suited for data integration with external APIs.
- Multiscreen synchronization possible.
Please also see our product feature matrix.
Additional parameters to take into consideration excepting cost:
Signage purpose, viewing times, viewer distance (resolution etc), content quality, geographical location, integration with existing systems, external hardware control, screen location and size, environment, physical limitations (for mounting etc), warranties, redundancy/backup.
To videowall or not?
- Please see this article: Video walls