TABLE OF CONTENTS
- LS, SM, UH, XF, XS series
To update your webOS Signage firmware, follow the steps below.
Download the latest version of firmware image file (.epk).
Copy or move the downloaded image file into the /LG_MONITOR directory in your USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive carrying the firmware to update with, into the webOS Signage device.
- Follow the instructions on the screen
If you have LS55A/LS35A model AND your SoC firmware version is earlier than v02.00.00, then store the image file in the /LG_DTV directory of your USB flash drive.
How to install Lite on WebOS 2.0 and 3.0
- Connect Ethernet cable.
Connect power supply.
Start the screen and go through the initial setup guide.
Make sure that the internal date/time on the screen is correct!
Press and hold the Menu or Settings button on the remote until a toast appears in the top right corner.
Enter 8080 and click OK on the remote.
Under Application Launch Mode, select "Local".
Under Fully Qualified Domain Name, select "On".
Enter the player software URL (we recommend to use a USB keyboard).This is one of the following:
http://go.dise.tv/webos2/scap_app.zip (Or WebOS3 instead of WebOS2 devices)
Used in the normal case. The player needs to have internet access.
ONLY use this when you have been instructed by DISE Support to use a special version. The player needs to have internet access.
ONLY use this when the player has no internet access and server is installed on-premises.
- For Local Application Upgrade, select "REMOTE".
Answer Confirm when asked for Application Upgrade.
You will now have a confirmation saying "Success".
Turn off the screen and turn it back on again.
After a little while, a 6-digit code, a discovery code, will be presented on the screen.
- This code is unique to the player. Make a note of it or take a photo because we will need it in the next step, which is in DISE CX Portal.
- Log in to Portal and select the Players tab.
- Click Add to create a new player.
- In the dialog appearing, enter a name, the 6-digit discovery code, and click Save.
If you have already created a content playlist you want to play on the screen you may also specify it here - otherwise you can configure this later.
- You will notice that the player software on the screen will subsequently receive the settings, register with CX Portal and download some content.
Offline server registration
In the case when the screen does not have internet access, replace steps 13-18 with these:
- Insert a USB keyboard in the screen.
- Click the 5 button on the remote or tab down to "Click here to enter settings manually".
- In the new dialog, enter the settings to connect to CX Portal.
- The player will register in CX Portal by the name "DISE", and play a default playlist.
- Log in to CX Portal, locate the player, then set a new playlist by going into it, click Edit, then select a new playlist.
How to flip the screen from Landscape into Portrait
- Click and hold the Settings key on the remote for 5 seconds.
- A toast appears. Enter your password (default 8080) and then Ok.
- Select Rotation.
- Select the appropriate rotation from the list.
We cannot support proxied connections to the server.