TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Firmware Upgrade
- Dise BrightSign Download
- Custom Settings
Before setting up your BrightSign player please make sure that the device has the latest firmware! Please download the latest firmware for your specific model from the BrightSign downloads page.
Dise BrightSign Download
The resolution and orientation of the BrightSign media player needs to be set before installation. Please download the relevant Dise BrightSign version:
See installation instructions below
Landscape HD (1920x1080)
Portrait HD (1080x1920)
Please contact support if you need further assistance
Resolution & Orientation
A custom resolution & orientation can be set by extracting the zip to your PC and editing the 'custom.brs' file:
The width/height should always be in landscape, please control the orientation ONLY with the 'defaultOrientation' value. For example if you wanted to set a 4K resolution in Portrait the values would be:
- defaultWidth = "3840"
- defaultHeight = "2160"
- defaultOrientation = "PORTRAIT"
WiFi details can be added to the 'custom.brs' file, by default the network configuration will be take from the BrightSign player.
In some cases your BrightSign may have already been partly set up. If so, skip to step 9:
- Start BrightAuthor.
- Run BrightSign Unit Setup.
- Enter a name.
- Add WiFi details if required
- Set the correct timezone
- Specify firmware update
- Enable diagnostic web server
- Create setup files to SD card
- Insert the SD card inplayer.
- Wait until "Setup is complete" is displayed.
- Reset and wait until the device boots.
- Remove the SD card from player.
- Extract all files from the downloaded zip file to the SD card.
- Insert the SD card in player.
- The player , a 6-digit code, a discovery code, will be presented on the screen.
This code is unique to the player. Make a note of it or take a photo because we will need it in the next step, which is in DISE CX Portal.
- Log in to CX Portal and configure the player
Please see our other guides to add the player to the Classic portal or the New portal