- HD223, HD224 & HD1023
- Only one video at the same time on screen
The hardware acceleration can only handle one video at the time.
No screen monitoring or control
It is not possible to monitor the screen connected to the player or to schedule its power on/off.
No hardware monitoring or control
It is not possible to get information from the hardware or to schedule the device's power on/off.
4K video can only be in MP4 h265 format
No download scheduling
Before setting up Lite, please make sure that the device has a recent firmware! Lite requires at least firmware version 7.1.95 for HD223 and 8.0.146 for HD224. See download links below for the latest working firmware.
Latest Dise Brightsign version
See instructions below on how to apply it.
If you already have a Brightsign unit with Dise installed you can enable "auto updates" by changing 'false' to 'true in the code below. It can be found in the 'brightsign_config.xml' file on your Brightsign unit.
<Updater> <Enable>false</Enable> <ServerURL>https://go.dise.tv/brightsign/</ServerURL> <CustomerName>customerName</CustomerName> </Updater>
If you cannot find it in there your version is to old to auto update and you will have to switch all the files manually. See 'Installation' below.
Also we do not recommend you auto update over Wifi if your version is older then 1.31.3 since the wifi settings will be overwritten.
- Start BrightAuthor.
- Run BrightSign Unit Setup.
- Enter a name.
(No other settings other than default are required)
- Create setup files to SD card
- Insert an SD card in player.
- Wait until "Setup is complete" is displayed.
- Reset and wait until the device boots.
- Remove the SD card from player.
- Extract all files from XpressPlayer.zip to the SD card.
(OBS if you are using the player on a screen that is to portrait mode, you need to go into the 'Brightsign_config.xml' and set 'Portrait' to 'true'.
- Insert the SD card in player.
- After a little while, a 6-digit code, a discovery code, will be presented on the screen.
This code is unique to the player. Make a note of it or take a photo because we will need it in the next step, which is in DISE CX Portal.
- Log in to CX Portal and select the Players tab.
- Click Add to create a new player.
- In the dialog appearing, enter a name, the 6-digit discovery code, and click Save.
If you have already created a content playlist you want to play on the screen you may also specify it here - otherwise you can configure this later.
- You will notice that the player software on the screen will subsequently receive the settings, register with CX Portal and download some content.
In the case when the screen does not have internet access, replace steps 10-14 with these:
- Insert a USB keyboard and/or mouse then select the link to manually register.
- Enter the details to connect to CX Portal. You need an account with administrator privileges.
- Click Done.
- The player will register in CX Portal by the name "DISE", and play a default playlist.
- Go into CX Portal, locate the player, then set a new playlist by going into it, click Edit, then select a new playlist.
To view log and options in the player when it is running, connect a keyboard and press Ctrl + i.
Removes all settings and restarts to show a new discovery code.
Clear content cache
Removes all content and restarts to download all content again.