Premium players are able to download from a caching proxy instead of going directly to CX Portal.
There are a multitude of ways to serve cached content - below find instructions how to do it with nginx for Windows.
Caching proxy setup
Make sure you are installing on a PC (it may be another Premium player but doesn't have to be) with access to the portal and that Premium players have access to.
- Download nginx for Windows from here:
- Extract the zip. You will have a folder like “C:\nginx-1.13.1”.
- Edit C:\nginx-1.13.1\conf\nginx.conf and replace it with the text in the attached text file.
Please change where it says SERVERADDRESS to your portal’s IP or FQDN, e.g. "diseserver.net"
- Download NSSM from here:
- Extract the zip. You will have a folder like “C:\nssm-2.24”
- Open up a command prompt and type (change the path to the correct one)
cd "C:\nssm-2.24\win64" nssm install DISECache "C:\nginx-1.13.1\nginx.exe" nssm set DISECache Start SERVICE_AUTO_START nssm start DISECache
- Open up ports 8888 and 8889 in the caching proxy PC's firewall.
- Test by opening up a web browser on another PC in the network and browsing to http://PROXYIP:8889 (replace PROXYIP with the address to the cache)
You should see the Portal landing page.
Next it is time to set the cache as download proxy for players.
- Log in to the portal.
- Go into the group or player that you want to change.
- Click Tools > Settings > Download proxy.
- Set the PROXYIP and port 8888 for Premium players.
- Save and publish the players.