- Install the new server and configure it in the same way as the old server.
- Copy all the files in the folder "DISE Server Data\Content" to the new server.
Make sure to preserve the folder locations.
- On both servers, stop all DISEServer* services (start with DISEServerNginx).
- Rename the "DISE Server Data\pgData" on the new server to "DISE Server Data\pgData_clean".
- Copy the "DISE Server Data\pgData" folder from the old server to the new.
- Copy the "DISE Server Data\Content" but only new existing files.
This ensures that you have the latest copy if someone uploaded since the first copy process.
- Restart the new server.
- Make sure that you can login to localhost and that content and players are being listed.
- Login to the control panel, go to the Licensing tab and copy the licensing details.
Mail this licensing details to DISE Support to get a new license file.
- Apply the new license file.
Change the DNS to point to the new server and browse to the new server.
Please note that it may take a while for DNS changes to propagate.
- Disable all DISEServer services on the old server to make sure it does not run.
- Wait for a while so that you see that players start contacting the new server.
Created by: Fredrik Bergström
Modified on: Wed, 20 Dec, 2017 at 10:17 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.