First find out what installer that was used previously. DISE Premium exists in two versions:
- A per-user installation
Installed as the local user, in the user profile
- A system-wide installation
Typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder
To find out which one you have installed simply check where the Premium files are located on the PC.
When the path to the installation folder is 'C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\DISE\Premium', you have a per-user installation.
When the installation path is something like 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DISE\Premium', you have a per-system installation.
If you have a per-system installation we strongly recommend you to replace it with a per-user installation.
Software updates are facilitated by installing per-user - through our software autoupdater feature.
Scenario #1 (Replacing system-wide installation)
- Uninstall and remove any previous Premium installation on the PC.
- Run Premium installer
- Reconnect the player to the server using the new discovery code as described here:
Scenario #2 (Upgrading per-user installation (version 25 and earlier)
- Apply the software package on the player in the Portal
- New version will be downloaded and installed automatically
- Content will be downloaded again