In this guide you will learn how to create and upload a template to the CX Portal
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before you can create your template you need to have the Dise CX Composer installed on your PC.
Also make sure that your Composer is version 31 or higher, the latest version can be found here:
If you are unsure of what version you are currently running, open your Composer and go to File -> About and your current version will be listed.
Creating a template
- Start by opening the Dise composer and create a new disemovie
- Click on the 'Movie' tab in the top menu
- Click on the 'Edit variables' button
- Add a new variable
- Enter a name, the variable type and a value if you want a standard value for the template field
- Check the 'Export as template field' box
- Click on the 'OK' button to create your variable
- Choose the text object and drag and drop it to the scene to add it
- Right click on the text object on the scene and choose 'Connection property' and then 'Text/filename'
- Choose the variable that you previously created, from the drop down menu
- Click on the 'OK' button
- The variable is now connected to the text object. If you chose a value for the variable your text object should display that value. If you did not choose a value, the text object will not display anything until you upload it to the portal and enter a text from there.
- When you are done with your disemovie, save it.
Uploading a template
- When you have saved it go to the 'Home' tab and in the top right there is a button to upload to the Dise CX Portal.
- Enter your portal login credentials and choose a folder and then upload it.
- When you now go to the 'Templates' menu on the portal you should be able to see your template.
When your template is uploaded to the portal you can read this guide how to use the template to create messages that you can publish to your displays. https://support.dise.com/support/solutions/articles/9000200062-creating-a-message-from-a-template