Follow this guide to learn how to create a layout and populate it with channels. Layouts divide the screen into multiple sections. You can then connect each section to a show a channel for it to begin showing the content in the playlists of that channel.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: Create a layout
- Step 2: Add layout to display
- Using layouts with multi-screen players
Step 1: Create a layout
- In the left menu click on the Admin tab, then select layouts. Click the Create button:
- Enter a name for your layout and specify the full resolution of the layout.
- Once created, select your newly created layout.
- Create layers within your layout by clicking the Add Layer button
- Create the layers by setting the following options:
Width of channel
Height of channel
Step 2: Add layout to display
- In the left menu, click on the Displays tab and select your display
- Under Layout, click the Edit button
- Select your newly created layout from the drop down menu and click the Save button
- Under the same display, under Channels click the Edit button
- Select the channels you want to show in each layer and click the Save button
Using layouts with multi-screen players
Compatible media players that are connected to multiple screens can be configured to use layouts to show different channels across different screens. The media player needs to be configured as an Extended Display, Combined Desktop or Collage mode (media player settings may differ between models).
Playlist items with all the same duration, in different channels in a layout will automatically sync. This means both screens will change content at exactly the same time.